Hope you all are doing well.
I would like to update you RE: Omicron and Rapid Antigen test.
First, we need to know the normal structure of SARS-CoV-2, the difference for Omicron, and how the Rapid antigen test works.
A rapid COVID-19 test also called an antigen test, detects proteins from the virus which causes COVID-19. PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in COVID-19 detection.
Rapid antigen tests target the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein, the most abundant protein expressed by the virus. SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Tests With Emergency Use Authorization right now is detecting nucleocapsid protein (N protein) of SARS-CoV-2 – (plz see picture above).
FYI- test from the company in Dubai (Mr. Farzard) target Spike protein. It’s the protein that helps the virus enter the host cells.
SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant has dozens of mutations not seen in the original SARS-CoV-2 strain first detected the virus in Wuhan, China (compared to 10 in alpha, 12 in gamma, and nine in delta). More than 30 of those mutations are in the spike protein on the coronavirus’s surface, which helps the virus to latch on to and infect host cells.
In addition to the change of Protein-S, some research also showed the Omicron variant also of strange proteins M and N.
• it’s unclear whether rapid antigen tests really are less effective at picking up Omicron cases, or what might be causing such a difference.
• There is a report of - Rapid Tests May Have ‘Reduced Sensitivity’ to Omicron’. However, FDA still encourages people to continue to use rapid tests and Home test kits.
• The statement from FDA is:
o "The tests are an essential component of what we need, especially in the time of very rapidly expanding omicron."
o “Antigen tests are generally less sensitive and less likely to pick up very early infections compared to molecular tests.”
o “Early data suggest that antigen tests do detect the omicron variant but may have reduced sensitivity,”
Dr. Sophie Wilson
In article 5, we touched a little bit about the virus pathogen. In this edition, we will discuss viral diseases which are the infections caused by viruses.
There are many types of viruses that cause a wide variety of viral diseases. The symptoms of the viral infection occur because of cell damage, tissue destruction, and the associated immune response.
The contagious period for each virus varies, as it depends on the type of virus. Also, symptoms appear depending on the type of virus which is commonly called the “Incubation period”. The incubation period refers to the time between exposure to a virus and the development of symptoms.
Viral diseases are contagious. They spread from person to person when a virus enters the body and begins to multiply. Common ways that viruses spread from person to person include:
• Breathing in airborne droplets contaminated with a virus
• Eating food or drinking water contaminated with a virus
• Having unprotected sexual contact with a person who is infected with a sexually transmitted virus
• Indirect transmission from person to person by a virus-host, such as a mosquito, tick, or field mouse
• Touching surfaces or body fluids contaminated with a virus
Unlike bacterial infections that respond to antibiotics, viral infections are not so easy to treat. Treatment of viral infections varies, depending on the specific virus and other factors. General treatment measures are aimed to relieving symptoms so that the patients can get adequate rest, keep strength, and recover without developing complications. Maintaining excellent hydration, good nutrition, getting extra rest and sleep is essential during the period of time of viral infection.
1. Vaccination is covered many subtypes of the virus (meaning - multiple protection), which Natural antibody is not. When you get an infection with the virus, you get an infection with one/or two subtypes, not numerous subtypes like in Vaccination. Luckily enough your body develops antibodies after infection (many people are not). thus, you need to get many times of infections in order to cover all subtypes of viruses.
2. Vaccination is using the in-active viral particle which cannot cause/or harm to the human body. It measures carefully the amount that needs to give to the human in order to allow T-Cell /and B-Cell to react and create immunity. The real exposure to the virus (infection with the covid virus) is harmful not only to the immune system but also to many orgasms because you expose yourself to the active viruses.